ROME, July 29 – Igli Tare, former Albania international and current manager of the Italian football club Lazio, has been receiving threatening texts and phone calls, and his family have been insulted, Tare told the media.
The Lazio sporting director, Tare, has said that he is being harassed by fans upset by the club’s lack of transfer activity this summer.
In what seems to be a response, on Monday Tare secured the Dutch player Stefan de Vrij for the Rome-based team.
Last week, Tare was forced to meet with irate supporters after the club was beaten to the loan signing of Cagliari defender Davide Astori by city rivals Roma.
“After the confrontation with the fans over Astori, the trouble started,” Tare told Italian newspaper Il Tempo.
“Someone must have got hold of my phone number because I found it on the internet,” he said, adding that “In the next few days I’ll be forced to change my phone number again and that won’t be easy for me as it’s a fundamental instrument in my line of work. I am going to have many problems but what upsets me the most are the things said about my family.”
Italian fans threaten Albanian Lazio manager
Change font size: